With guided tours in Israel is easier than ever to explore and discover. As a relatively small country, it is easy to see a lot of what the region has to offer, especially if you have a guide to take you along the way. With private guided tours, you will have a unique view of the country that gives you a great overview of its history and culture. Not sure where to go? Here are 10 of the best things to do and see in Israel:
- Nazareth – Nazareth is the capital of Israel and is not only a cultural hub, but one of the most important Christian sites in the world. While Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Jesus grew up in the city of Nazareth.
- Rosh Hanikra – Rosh Hanikra is one of the most popular tourist sites in Israel. Located in the northwestern region of Israel where the sea meets land, Rosh Hanikra is an enchanting geological formation of crystalline blue water.
- Wailing Wall – The Wailing Wall is located in the city of Jerusalem. With guided tours Israel guides will be able to take you to see the ancient limestone wall, the holiest area in the entire Jewish world.
- Old City – The Old City is part of Jerusalem. As the name suggests, it is the region of the city that dates back for centuries. Within the walled city you will discover the Four Quarters of Jerusalem.
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher – The Church of the Holy Sepulcher is one of the most sacred churches in the world. This is where you will find the final stations of the Via Dolorosa as well as Jesus’s empty tomb.
- YadVashem – YadVashem is a memorial site that was created in the early 1950s to honor the memory of the Jews that were persecuted during the Holocaust.
- Jericho – Jericho is a city near the West Bank, right near the Jordan River. This is a famous site for Christian tourists because it is the area where Joshua fought the battle of Jericho.
- Qumran Caves – Located in the Judean Desert is the site of the Qumran Caves. These caves are where the Dead Sea Scrolls were originally discovered, a must see place to discuss with your tour guide.
- Judean Desert – In addition to seeing the caves, you will also want to explore more of the Judean Desert. Tour guides Israel has to offer will typically have options to take you for a drive through the desert.
- Golgotha – Golgotha, which means skull in Aramaic, is the site where Jesus was crucified by the Romans. This small hill is easily accessed from Jerusalem.
Order from us your guided day tours in israel and enjoy from this beautiful country!